Thursday, September 28, 2006

 
Prerequisite: Graduate Quantum Physics




Unfortunately I received an F in this course. Nonetheless, I'd still like to be able to program a quantum computer in my lifetime. Since learning the quantum circuit model (as presented here; this book is probably the best reference) isn't exactly easy, it would be nice to know if this is the right way to prepare for the first commercial implementation of a larger scale quantum computer. Maybe not, since the aforementioned realization will be some form of an "adiabatic" quantum computer.

An example I've seen for "adiabatic" is if you have a swinging pendulum and you move the entire pendulum slowly and carefully enough that you don't disturb its swing, then you've moved the pendulum adiabatically. Anyway I found some good (good-looking) notes on adiabatic quantum computation here.

--Van

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?